Tuesday, December 23, 2008

One last gift for me

I'm giving myself a gift this evening. I'm going to do just as I please. During the Christmas Season it's so easy to just push yourself until you're dead on your feet.

I have a note on my refrigerator. It says

SLOW DOWN!

It's going to stay there until I get it through my thick skull that the world does not depend on me for anything but being myself.

This evening's pleasure is to begin a painting in watercolor that I find intriguing. The original was done in oils by someone else. Someone who is a better artist than I am. I don't let that stop me. How am I to improve if I don't challenge myself?

Yes, to some this may seem like work. To me it is the most exquisite pleasure. Try it some day.

Marilynne

2 comments:

  1. I agree! I am making sure that during my Christmas break, I take time to just sit and read, or do something that relaxes me! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the teapot that shows with your name. Is there a story to it?

    Marilynne

    ReplyDelete

I love comments - please?