Thursday, June 4, 2009

Do I want to advertise on my blog?

For some of us that's not a question. Some of us like to have ads to defray the cost of having a blog. I used to look at it as a sign of appreciation.

The other day, though, I got an email from a potential advertiser for my blog on Today.com (womenoverfifty.Today.com). I'm a Today.com dropout because I didn't like the way they were always changing the rules to suit them. Their pay schedule kept changing too. You've probably heard it all before.

So, I was startled to get a request to place advertising on my blog. I did take it seriously. Obviously womenoverfifty.today.com no longer belongs to me. (They can do that when you get paid for blogging.) Did I want the ads on my other blogs?

I am really particular about advertisers and for the most part I don't like ads. They detract from the sheer fun of blogging. But my favorites get through because they're favorites of mine.

I answered the ad letter telling them that I no longer blogged for today.com and they'd have to talk to them about putting an ad on that blog.

Then I began to giggle. I liked saying no.

Marilynne

2 comments:

  1. Hi, thanks for signing up to follow my blog. How did you find me? I'm happy to meet you, a fellow ex-Angelena and look forward reading your work.

    I've begun my blog as a way to keep writing between writing projects. Now, it has become a major obsession.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! I admire people who stick to their principles...and have fun doing so.

    Thanks for visiting Prattle.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments - please?