Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Today is art day

I've set aside the next few hours to do some watercolor. Then, what in the world am I doing here posting to a blog?

It's the same as sitting down to write, I have to get a few things out of my way first. These are the things that distract me from giving my full attention to my chosen pleasure.

Art and writing are both my deep pleasures, but they aren't compatible. One always intrudes on the other.

So, let me say that, then go to my desk, fill my cups with water, lay out some watercolor paper, and pick up a brush and get with it.

Marilynne

2 comments:

  1. You have it tough, both activities require total concentration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do. Many years ago I gave up studying art to concentrate on writing. Now I'm trying to do both, but it's like they're in different compartments of my brain.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments - please?