Saturday, October 31, 2009

I'm going to be quiet for a while so I can do NaNoWriMo


I'm going to go for it with NaNoWriMo, for the National Novel Writing Month.  The basic is to write 50,000 words of a novel in one month.  With Thanksgiving in the mix, it'll be hard, but I've decided to try it.

You are supposed to write a first draft, beginning to end, without taking time for edits and such.  Word count is the goal.

If you're interested check the link and give it a try.  There are X winners - the number determined by how many people make the 50,000-word goal.  The only prize is a certificate that said you did it.

Check here once in a while.  I'll be posting word count now and then.

Marilynne

November 7, 16, 300 words.   Sometimes the writing is hard and sometimes it's easy.  Today the words just flew from my fingers.

2 comments:

  1. It certainly is a test of endurance so good luck and keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and it's after 3 PM now and I'm just sitting down to work. This may be a good learning experience for me.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments - please?