Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Definitely it's Spring

I've been confined to home with an allergy or cold.  It's driving me crazy, but the garden is trying to cheer me up.  Here are a few pictures.

The birds or the wind brought the seeds of the Lantana from my front garden, where it's shady to the back garden in the full sun.  You'd almost think it was planned.  This is called Christina and blooms as pale yellow and fades to pale pink-lavender.  It's always been a favorite of mine.

When we lived in Phoenix, our Lantana thrived in the heat and the sun.  This one shown is about 3.5 ft. tall and is blooming its happy head off.

We've had a lot of rain.  When I emptied the wet bird seed to fill the feeder with fresh seeds, I found that the ones at the bottom had sprouted and were trying to come up through the rest of the grain.










The peach and the nectarine are celebrating Spring.  We are looking forward to fresh fruit this summer.

The tree you see behind the peaches is a grapefruit tree.  We do almost nothing for it, but it just grows these huge yellow fruits with great abandon.  It's more than we can eat.

Marilynne

2 comments:

  1. Oh what lovely photos and they certainly put a smile on my face. I hope you are feeling better

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still wondering what it is that makes me feel bad. The current question is whether the filter in the heating system is the cause. It's dirty and we've had a time finding a replacement.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments - please?