- My new baby and I finally able to sleep at my parent's house while you guarded the door against all comers - my parents included.
- You changing dirty diapers
- You playing with the children, their shreiks of joy, laughter
- You telling me that the children and I came first
- Even when we had nothing, we had plenty to eat and a home to live in. That's more than a lot of people have these days.
- Putting a Dear Abby article by the stove that said women need hugs and such more than they needed sex. You provided both.
- You working away from home so there would be money coming in. It seemed such a lonely life to me, but you didn't complain.
- Our three lovely daughters, who love you with all their hearts.
- When it was appropriate, telling the girls how boys were different in the way they approached young love.
- You going back to a job you didn't like because the retirement options were good and you thought we needed them. We did.
- Watching the girls grow up and marry and giving them a helping hand now and then.
- Seeing how the girls still need their dad even now when they're grown.