Saturday, June 25, 2011

Roy's Greenhouse - Putting in the panels

Roy has come to a difficult part of building the green house.  Here's why:
He is using a spring-type fastener to hold the panels.

If he's not careful, the spring flies loose .
















If he doesn't get the fastener just right, it flies out at great speed.  He's getting better at loading them.  Each panel (square) needs a fastener both right and left.

 
Here he's putting in a roof panel.
The panels need to be placed in a specific order.  In the photos, he's going left to right.  Apparently he can put a window in place without destroying the order. It's scary seeing him hanging out over the top.

Putting in a panel from Roy's viewpoint.
 
Trouble! The roof beam was damaged in shipment.

Roy's position is often precarious.
The four windows are hard to install, but really look neat.
That's as much as I'll show you today.  Roy is proud that at 73 he is strong enough and able enough to learn what must be done and do it.  Except for the framing, he's done it himself.  This is totally different from anything else he's done.  I'm pretty proud of him.  More later.

Marilynne

6 comments:

  1. Good for him! It looks as though he's been doing this his entire life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think so too Rosaria. Thanks for coming by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think he is pretty amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I'm thoroughly impressed!! I've been toying with the idea of getting a greenhouse, but my husband would end up in the hospital!
    (He'd be the first to admit it. :)
    Great blog. ~
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who knew this was going to be such a project??! Wow. But I can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It came as a kit, but Roy has had to gain new skills and put it together. I love watching it go up.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments - please?